Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Students must demonstrate their understanding and application of DRSABCD inline with the Australian Resuscitation Guidelines including:
Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation.
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty.
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Seek assistance from emergency services.
Perform CPR procedures
- Perform CPR in accordance with the ARC guidelines.
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers’ instructions.
Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies.
This certification remains valid for three years from the date of completion, however the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills are refreshed annually.
In order to receive a Statement of Attainment candidates must provide their Unique Student Identifier (USI). This can be obtained free of charge from www.usi.gov.au.
The statement of attainment for the course will be issued by Healthcorp RTO 91222.