Provide First Aid
HLTAID011 (Included CPR)
This course empowers participants with the knowledge and skills of rendering first aid and basic life support until the arrival of medical assistance. It covers calling for help, casualty assessment, decision making and basic life support functions including Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Within this course students also complete HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support.
This nationally accredited course complies with The Safe Work Australia’s Model Code of Practice: First aid in the workplace.
As recommended by the code refresher CPR training should be carried out annually and first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years.
Held on-site at your workplace this practical course will empower your staff with hands-on first aid skills that may one day save a life.Get a quote
About this course
HLTAIDO11 Provide First Aid
To successfully complete this course the candidate must have completed the following tasks in line with all current regulations:
Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation.
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualties.
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for fist aid response.
Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with ARC guidelines.
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles.
- Display respectful behaviour towards the casualty.
- Obtain consent from the casualty where possible.
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible.
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions.
Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies.
Review the incident
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required.
Applied first aid procedures for the following:
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, sprains and strains, utilising arm slings and compression bandages
- Respiratory distress, including asthma